Thursday, January 6, 2011

I'm Pretty Sure I Heard Gunshots

I usually tell people that my neighborhood isn't as bad as they think it is, even at night, and that I'd rather be around a lot of crazy people rather than on the quiet streets at night. I don't think that when I hear gunshots. Multiple gunshots in rapid succession. Not cool. Nerve-racking and disturbing to say the least. I was hanging around my house and then gunshots. Just like that, out of nowhere. They sound different from the rest of the noises you hear in the day-to-day. I bolted to the window to see what I could see, which was nothing, except all the people on the street frozen, staring in the same direction.

Apparently San Francisco's Tenderloin has been having a rough start to the new year, and according to the Examiner's article, there have been three homicides in the neighborhood since the beginning of the year.

Makes me think of this song:

No comments:

Post a Comment