Monday, March 21, 2011

Run-Ins

While out and about in my neighborhood, with my friend Alejandra, we ran into a bunch of people I know, and then we were almost run over twice, later on.

I was a little stressed today, so when my friend Alejandra called me up to get a bite to eat I was all in. We were walking around, talking, deciding where we wanted to grab a snack. I ran into Matt, who stopped and talked for a bit. Then I saw Julio up the street. Pretty much all the people I know, I've worked with at one point or another. We stopped at Quetzal, tea for me, and coffee for her, and crumpets, okay not crumpets, it was actually red velvet cake. It was a bit dry. But I enjoyed my huge cup of chai tea.

Brandon and Karan walked by, and they came in to chat and grab a bite to eat also.

After a few hours of good conversation and company, Alejandra and I headed home. We rounded the corner from Polk onto Geary, heading toward Larkin. Walking past Edinburgh there was a guy in a wheelchair, with one leg, drooling down his chin (I say drooling, Alejandra says sweaty) who I just knew would be trouble. We had to separate to get around him. A few more steps and we hear a noise... he’s coming after us, faster and faster (creepy being chased down by a homeless drooling dude in a wheelchair, but does he really think that he‘s scary?, it‘s a Chuckie situation, he may look frightening, but you could probably take him) …as I stop to turn around and confront him, I backed into the trash can as he skids to a halt. We dash across the street laughing hysterically. My other friend, Elise said she might be at Whiskey Thieves, so we stop by, she wasn’t. As we left, there was a dude driving furiously out of a parking garage, we were almost run over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment