Friday, January 6, 2012

The Bees Knees

It's the new year, and I've been watching a lot of Mad Men, at home, hence the title, trying not to leave the house, because leaving my house, means spending money. And my New Years resolution (which usually means January, sometimes February resolution) is to NOT spend a ton of money.

My solution to my resolution is to shop at Goodwill on Geary, between Larkin and Hyde. It takes time to find quality items here. A few good things about shopping at Goodwill is A. The hunt. Having to really search, makes it feel like I've done a lot of shopping, and B. It's super cheap. C. Since it's in the Tenderloin, this Goodwill comes with free entertainment! I was in the store for maybe an hour and I got to watch as the employees hunted down, and kicked out, three different people! Plus, if your New Years resolution is out with the old, you can donate it here. Look what I found:









The blouse was on sale for $2.50. The gray sweater was $3.50. The blue sweater and boots were $8.50 each. Not bad!

After the treasure hunt, I suggest heading over to Mid City market, toward Larkin, on Geary, only a few steps away from Goodwill. After entering, head left to the freezer sitting in front of the taco shop. Palettas! Frozen fruit bars await you. Only a dollar each, and crazy good. In strawberry, mango, watermelon, cookies and cream, coconut, cafe, and even bubble gum.

No comments:

Post a Comment