Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Laundry Day, Yet Again

My laundromat might just be the worst. I've had problems there before. Most people in the city have a place in their building where they can wash clothes. My laundromat is less than half a block away, but from time to time, I worry about leaving my clothes there. Sometime I'll run up and do chores while waiting for my clothes to wash and dry, but not on days like today.

Since it was raining this morning, I should have known that I may encounter some difficulty at the laundromat. The rain brings in the crazies. At first everything seemed fine, no one else was there when I loaded my laundry to wash, and my morning was cruising right along. A half-an-hour later and something was amiss when I went to switch the clothes from wash to dry.

There was a raggedy looking couple sitting by the window as I entered...doing drugs...smoking crack? Don't look, I told myself. If I don't see it, it's not really happening! Then there's another dude, in the back corner...touching himself, ekkk!

I load the clothes as far away from him as possible. I decide I should probably run upstairs and get my bags and wait for my clothes to dry. I have to guard my clothes today, no one else is in here but this group of awesome.

I come back with supplies, a bottle of water, a newspaper, and the bags I'll need to gather my clothes when it's all over. I pretend to read my newspaper, because after all, how much can I really concentrate on reading when there's a dude whacking off in the corner. He staggers over to where I'm sitting...his pants are hanging off his butt and his boxers are WIIIIIDE open. I'm really happy that mister happy wasn't present to say hello. I know I've had a good day when I haven't seen dick accidentally. He stammers at me in a language that sounds something like Spanish. I pretend I didn't hear him and that my newspaper is all encompassing. At this point, I'm wishing, again, that this laundromat had a regular attendant. He proceeds to pluck at his tiny guitar...not his penis this time, he really had a tiny guitar with him. The noises coming from it remind me of a horror movie soundtrack, which is completely appropriate, considering I'm in a real life one at the moment!

A few minutes later my building's manager walks into the scene. She shoos everyone off with a call to the police. No more naked nightmare for me, until next time, that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment