Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Pagolac



On the corner of Larkin and Ellis…Not only do I live in the Tenderloin; I live in an enclave, not larger than a few blocks in any direction, dubbed, Little Saigon. Because of this, Vietnamese food has become a staple of my diet since moving here seven years ago. So, when I had visitors at the beginning of April, I brought them to Pagolac, to make sure they got a deliciously authentic taste of my neighborhood.

First off, my have-to-have... the "seven flavors of beef" tasting menu. It’s seven, count them, seven courses of seared and wrapped, and some, do it yourself cooking, goodness. Bring some friends, you'll need to share, and, it's more fun! Also, have-to-have, the tofu salad. It sounds kinda blah, but it’s, cilantro, limey, crunchy, refreshing to go with all your meat, num nums. It's a small restaurant, if you come when there's a wait, you'll have to wait outside. It can get pretty chilly in the restaurant, you might want a scarf; but, if you live in SF, you're probably already prepared for any weather situation. Pagolac is open Tuesday-Sunday 5pm-10, and they're cash only. I'm including the yelp page here since I'm not sure they have one of their own. Go forth, eat the meat, and prosper!

This video is short, but to the point!

No comments:

Post a Comment