Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Traumatized

The two blocks I walk after getting off the bus on my way home from work are traumatizing. Tonight at 10:30 pm I hop off the bus and cross Van Ness on Eddy. There are drug dealers to my left. A homeless man singing to himself while shuffling along to my right. And here I am, waiting for the light to turn green to cross the street, and walk the last block home. There's a man in the crosswalk headed my way. He's got both of his hands on his belt buckle? He's messing with it so much, I look harder...I quickly learn that it's not his belt buckle he's got in his hands, it's his penis! He's stumbling across the street headed my way, with his penis in his hands! I try to look down the street, at the lamppost, the crosswalk signal, the cars, anything that will draw my attention in any other direction besides staring at this penis headed my way. He stumbles past me to a spot behind a van and points himself in the direction of the tree. He's super drunk, and obviously had to pee pretty bad, so bad he was ready for half a block more than he needed to be. I've seen way too much of other people while living here.

2 comments: